You may also fill in the form at the bottom of the page to receive more specific information.
The Literacy Council of Upper Pinellas, Inc. is a non-profit volunteer organization dedicated to teaching adults (age 16 and older) literacy skills using individualized curricula to enhance their self esteem, increase occupational and social opportunities and to enrich lifestyles. We serve Clearwater, Dunedin, Largo, Oldsmar, Palm Harbor, Safety Harbor, and Tarpon Springs.
Services provided for the adult learner:
- Basic Literacy for native English speakers needing help in enhancing their reading and writing abilities
- ESOL (English for speakers of other languages) tutoring for those needing help in speaking, reading and writing English as well as understanding American culture
- Test preparation assistance for those students taking the GED, TESOL, citizenship, or other exams
- Health literacy outreach in the community
Instructional materials include:
- Reading Horizons web-based phonics program
- Staying Healthy curriculum
- Living in Pinellas
- Everyday materials relevant to the student’s goals such as newspapers, manuals, and books
- Workbooks and instructional materials from New Readers Press
Our phone number is 727-298-3080 ext. 1724; however, now, you can now contact us on the web! If you would like information about being a tutor, or would like to be considered as a student, please fill in the form below and someone will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you!